Monday, February 15, 2010

Pont Lambert

#15 - Pont Lambert in Ste-Sophie-d'Halifax - December 12, 2009

I didn't think we would visit covered bridges in winter but Serge needed to go to Thetford-Mines to pick up parts for his Beetle project, so I started looking for bridges in the area. There are quite a few actually but I got directions for one on the way, one about 30 minutes past Thetford-Mines and after making a small detour, 3 on the way home. 5 was a bit ambitious but I thought if we left early we might be able to do it.

So we stopped here on the way. Built in 1948, it is 89 feet long and crosses the Rivière Bulstrode. This one is quite different than the ones we usually see. It is very high and narrow! This was also our first white bridge, all the others have been red or faded grey and the Pont du Lac Ha!Ha! that is green. We went down on the other side and got some good pictures of the whole bridge but watching the kids slipping in the snow, so close to the river's edge scared me a little so I called them back to the truck and we left to find a McDonald's...no picnics this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment