Up until this point, I had taken my information from the Quebec Ministry of Transportation website. Some of these bridges are even on the map we use.
http://www.mtq.gouv.qc.ca/portal/page/portal/grand_public/vehicules_promenade/reseau_routier/structures/ponts_couverts
Then we accidentally found the Drouin covered bridge and started wondering why it wasn't on the site. When I got home I went looking for more information on the Drouin bridge and this led me to Pascal's website that has many more bridges listed on it! It has the bridges that are still open to vehicles, lists the bridges that are closed, has a list of bridges that have disappeared over the years and even has a list of bridges that are private or are not quite authentic.
Here is his site:
http://web.me.com/pascal721/Pontscouverts/Accueil.html
I was surprised to read on his site that the Milby bridge that we visited the day before was closed. I sent him a little e-mail telling him that it was now open and also to let him know that the Powerscourt bridge was now closed for construction. He then used my pictures of the Milby bridge to tell the followers on his blog that it was now open!
I have since then exchanged several e-mails with Pascal as I keep him informed of the bridges we visit. :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment