#13 - Pont de St-Mathieu in St-Mathieu-du-Parc - September 19, 2009
We had planned on going to a birthday party today but it was canceled. It was a beautiful fall day so we decided to go for a ride in the same general area we would have gone anyway. So we packed the truck with some kids' clothes that I brought to a friend and a picnic lunch, then hooked up the tent trailer to bring to Serge's parents' barn for the winter and set out to visit 2 bridges.
I was VERY surprised when we got to the first one! I had read on Pascal's website that there was a rest area and I looked at the pictures on his site before going but the bridge on his site looked so old and like it was falling apart! There were boards missing and it needed a good coat of paint!!!
Apparently it was renovated sometime this year! It looks brand new! Actually, many parts of it ARE brand new!
Built in 1936, it is 88 feet long and crosses the Rivière Shawinigan. It was renovated during the summer of 2009, just before we went to visit! We had a nice picnic and went off to visit th enext bridge!

No comments:
Post a Comment